Old May 20th 15, 07:51 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.privacy,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.os.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Peter Köhlmann[_3_]

Default Windows 10 - the final nail in the coffin for Linux desktop

Anonymous wrote:

In article

On 2015-05-17, Nobody wrote:
On 05/16/2015 04:05 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
In article
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=
wrote:

Jack Ryan wrote:

In article
Nobody wrote:

On 05/15/2015 02:45 AM, Jeremy Bentham wrote:
In article
Nobody wrote:

On 05/14/2015 04:08 AM, Anonymous wrote:
In article
"John F" wrote:

"Anonymous" wrote in
message

servers.net...

[deletia]

Takes 10 minutes to accomplish something in Windows that takes
10 days to sort out in linux, malware or not.

I personally haven't seen any Windows malware of any kind in
over three years.

Says a lot about your intelligence. Or better, the absence therof

Maybe when you learn to use Windows you could avoid malware too.

Interesting notion: You need special knowledge to run windows "safely"?
And how do you "avoid malware"? Has it a certain "stink"? Does it smell?
And how do you know in advance that a site you are going to visit serves
your next malware? Is aquiring psychic powers part of that "special
knowledge" you need to run windows?

...that kind of defies the whole point.

No that is the point. There is no reason to ever get an
infected Windows system unless you are just plain careless.

You mean "careless" as in "letting it connect to a network"?

If I need to be a wizard guru in order to safely use something then
I might as well just use VMS.

I run a four node VMScluster on two AMD VMWare boxes with SIMH.

Naturally. And it is located right at the rim of that flat world you live on