Old April 5th 04, 07:33 AM
Euclid

First, you should know that Lucent changed their name to Agere, so it might
also be called Lucent Win Modem. It was called the latter on my S4020WM,
which preceeded your S6020WM by a year or so. So I probably have the same
modem as you.

The link to software and driver downloads for your model is as follows, but
nothing is listed:
http://tinyurl.com/ywprs
Wait awhile. It took about 2-3 months after I purchased my model before they
started listing anything. If you want to look at the equivalent page for my
model it's at:
http://tinyurl.com/xhp8

I got a driver update for my modem (apparently the same as your modem)
through ordinary Windows Update, the same driver as is listed at the above
URL.

How slow is your modem? Mine typically connects at 40-45 Kbps on earthlink
dialup. That's not the fastest, but it's pretty good. I've had up to 48 Kbps
in the past with a different computer & modem from this location.

I've seen recommendations on this NG to replace the modem, but it's good
enough for me. I don't do much except NGs and email anymore. I don't really
care if a web page takes a little longer to download, because I don't use
the internet very much anymore. It has become too unfriendly & dangerous.
-E

"Bond 007" wrote in message
Anyone else had problems with this modem being very slow (Agere Win
Modem)and have latest drivers installed? Anyone have any idea's to
help me out?

Thanks for any help