Old March 24th 17, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default linksys ea6350 any way to turn wireless off or on ON router itself?

R2D4 wrote:
I just picked up a nice, used Linksys EA6350 at a garage sale.
Definitely faster than the router I have been using, but one thing that
annoys me at many routers is the inability to turn the routers wireless
off an on ON the router itself (NOT in the software). Does anyone know
if this one can, in fact, have its wireless enabled/ disabled from a
button on the router itself?

There is no button on it.

The unit has a power switch and a reset
(pinhole) momentary contact button.

Those are the controls.

Other options include terminator resistors,
Faraday cage, placing a switch in the VCC path
on each radio, none of which is practical or
convenient.

The problem with the Faraday cage concept, is
what to do with cables going into and out of the
cage area. Ferrites for controlling cable
emissions work up to 1GHz or 1.5GHz or so, but
I don't know of any materials that go all the way
out to 5GHz. As otherwise, the Ethernet cables
could work as antennas to redistribute the signal.

The software option looks pretty good to me...

Paul