Old March 24th 17, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default linksys ea6350 any way to turn wireless off or on ON router itself?

R2D4 wrote:

I just picked up a nice, used Linksys EA6350 at a garage sale.
Definitely faster than the router I have been using, but one thing that
annoys me at many routers is the inability to turn the routers wireless
off an on ON the router itself (NOT in the software). Does anyone know
if this one can, in fact, have its wireless enabled/ disabled from a
button on the router itself?

http://downloads.linksys.com/downloa...serGuide,0.pdf

Nothing there on how to disable the wi-fi bands. Guess they figure
users that get a wi-fi router want to use wi-fi.

I still have an old Linksys router that I keep in case I want to
discontinue using wi-fi. Keep hunting those garage sales for a non-wifi
router. Might find one for cheap at Craigslist (if available in your
area); however, way too often sellers are too attached to their wares
and ask way too much on price. Maybe they think candidate buyers are
going to haggle but I don't haggle. Tell me a price, if I don't like it
them I keep looking.