Old September 19th 03, 03:08 AM
Bill Lahr

Just a guess, but photos are fairly small and if you are using the
multisession mode, you may be trying to use too many sessions. Each
session eats up around 13MB in addition to your data. Either use some
CDRW blanks for temporary storage (you can use mastering with
multisession), or better yet, store the folders on a partition on your
hard drive and burn them to a CDR when you have enough to fill it.
--
Bill Lahr

Elysium Fossa wrote:

I recently got a new CDRW drive, a LiteON 52X - this came bundled With Nero
Burning Rom/Nero Express 5.5.10.9. Im using Nero Express to archive all my
pictures from a digital camera, these are in dated folders. These would be
"multisession" discs, as files are added periodically

But i've noticed a problem when creating data CD's, i'm only getting maybe
250MB on a disc before it says it's full. This morning I started with a new
disc (Maxell 650MB) I copied 2 folders to it of 6 and 13 MB. But the
software says "Total Space Used": 57.6MB. Its the same with other
capacity/brands of disc, I tried a 700MB Imation CDR and the same still
happens. I never had this problem with my old drive - a Hewlett Packard

I've sent several emails to Nero technical support but had no response, does
anyone have any idea whats going wrong, and what I can do to correct it? Im
getting through a hell of a lot of discs.

Thanks in advance

Steven