Old May 16th 20, 12:50 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Do you think the days of the hard drive is finally over?

On 5/16/2020 5:31 AM, wrote:
20 terrorbites would be an "archive" drive with shingles.
The sensible drives go up to 16 TB? Even that is going to take ages for a scandisk.

I think even 16 TB is way too large, shingles or not. It would still
take nearly 18 hours.

What would be a type of HDD that a system could handle practically now?
I think perhaps the upper limit is 8 TB? That would take nearly 9 hours
to fill. 6 TB would take 6.5 hours, 4 TB would take 4.5 hours.

Yousuf Khan