Old December 31st 13, 01:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DanielleOM

Default Brother MFC-J475DW - Scanning Software

On 12/30/2013 6:52 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
DanielleOM wrote:

Any one know of other software
that would work with Libreoffice and the Brother printer?

Danielle-

Take a look at VueScan: http://www.hamrick.com/.

It works here with an old Acer scanner, as well as an old Minolta
"Dimage Scan Dual" film scanner which requires a SCSI adapter. See if
yours is supported at
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported.

Fred

Hi Fred

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave Vuescan a try but I essentially got a
similar result. Initiating the scan request from Libreoffice causes the
Vuescan software menu to appear but the scanned software does not drop
into the Libreoffice document. As referenced in my earlier reply to
David, I will use a work around where I create the picture first and
then insert the picture into Libreoffice.

Danielle