Old August 2nd 05, 01:23 PM
John Dulak

lid wrote:

Hello,

You really should try another videocard (+driver) to look and see if
that makes a difference. You need proof that it is the vidcard causing
the problem.

The system is just fine when using a Matrox MGA PCI card.

So you own the Matrox G450 with 16MB mem, don't you. I seem to
remember that it was a rather awsome quest to find the right driver
for mine. Are you sure your driver is o.k. for that specific model?
Are you using Wgx_682.exe or what?

I have tried "w9x_682.exe" and "w9w_683.exe". The only other driver
listed on the web sight is a 'Microsoft Certified' driver. No idea what
that means.

My objection to the "refresh" install comes from having FUBARed a system
once when working with an ATI card. It may come to a fresh install but I
would like to understand what is going on.

John

--
\\\\\//
"Don't take life so seriously... | |
...it's only a temporary condition." (.) (.)
========================================oOO==(_)== OOo==
| John G. Dulak |
| Gnomeway Services |
/)| E-mail me from my home page at: |(\