Old April 11th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
davy

Default GA-7VA Boot Problem

David;32005 Wrote:

There are two electrolytic capacitors at the back of the motherboard
near
the yellow DB15 game connector. Check that their tops are not bulging.
If
they are then they will need replacing. Check the other electrolytic
capacitors for bulging or leakage from the top.

I understand that these was in the rev1 mobo they were up graded in
rev2 versions - I have the rev1 and yes I replaced the very two, think
they were 1200uF @ 6.3V, I used Panasonic 105deg C low esr FC type...
I never had any problems with them, just that I don't like seeing
distressed 'caps'..

... nor do I have any problems if I used the auto setting in bios and I
too use a AMD 2000+, now then back to these caps.... apparently due to
industrial espionage... see-:

'Component Problems: Taiwan Low ESR Radial Aluminum Electrolytic
Capacitors' (http://www.niccomp.com/taiwanlowesr.htm) More interesting
reading
'Hushed-Up Disaster Dept. - Columns by PC Magazine'
(http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,939887,00.asp) and what bad cap's
look like see 'Don Davidson Computer / Bad Capacitors in System Boards'
(http://home.earthlink.net/~doniteli/index27.htm)

Don't get dissapointed guy's... we have replaced them in TV's, Video's
& Digi boxe's so it just ain't computers .

It's only certain GSC type's (or was it GCS), and effected only cap's
from Taiwan, Japanese type's are NOT effected.

Davy