Old May 28th 15, 01:30 AM posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.crypt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Caution with bitcointalk.org

Hello,

For some reason I cannot reset my password on bitcointalk.org.

I find this somewhat suspicious.

There is "news" going around that they got "hacked" / "social engineered".

How does this explain the inability to reset passwords ?

No e-mail link/message/confirmation is received.

At least not on my e-mail address.

I wonder if my e-mail address was changed or if I put it in wrongly or
something different, I don't think so though.

And I also pretty sure my e-mail address was correct because I did receive a
warning from their message board.

For now it could simply be that this functionality is disabled, working bad
or has a back log.

However perhaps the server is taken over by hostile forces to collect
passwords.

Therefore I do feel it's warranted to give out a little warning to anybody
that wants to hear it:

If you used your bitcointalk forum password for anything else, you may not
want to type it into the forum's login function until this mystery is
cleared up.

Also it may be possible to create a duplicate of this website and pretend to
be the real thing and collect login/password information that way.

Bye,
Skybuck.