Old May 31st 04, 11:43 AM
HH

That's why, instead of deleting a folder, it's wise to just rename it first,
then check if any issues arise. You then can restore the original name if
necessary....for future reference.
Oh, Backweb on many Compaqs is called the Compaq Service Connection and can
be uninstalled via Control Panel.
Did you try running the Immunize function in SpyBot S&D? That likely would
have stopped the Backweb cookies from reappearing.

HH

"Gamester" wrote in message
BackWeb Client - though not
considered "so bad" by some, it also as its spyware abilities.

When I did my first Spybot scan there was a pile BW tracking cookies.

Before I
deleted them SB warned that I should read my TOS contract. BS-Delete!

Having that out of the way, I went to Add/remove programs. I couldn't

remove BW
that way. OK. Windows Explorer-Delete.

Now whenever I boot up I get an error message pertaining to BW. I probably

need
to edit the registry but I am not up to that.

This is not the path to customer satisfaction. Obvious to most but not to

HP.
The Gamester

Homepage
http://members.aol.com/wergames
(I'm not a commie merely a Trotskyite revisionist)