Old August 6th 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Eric[_9_]

Default External 5.25" Floppy Drive?

Hi,

Don't laugh, but has anyone come across such an animal that will work with
modern PC's?
Or has anyone cannibalized a 3.5" external floppy and used the guts to get a
5.25" floppy talking?

I would need it to work with everything from 360K SS/SD to 1.2MB DS/DD
floppies.

I have a ton of 5.25" floppies that I want to get archived onto a CD before
they are lost to time. Believe it or not, almost all of a large sample
that I tested are still readable. The old 5.25" drives themselves are still
functioning fine. (They were used TRS-80's Cocos, not PC's, back in the
day.)

Can always just stick one of the 5.25" drives into a PC interally, of
course, but thought putting together something external would be convienent.

Thanks...