Old April 22nd 06, 04:58 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default AV8 Pro Mobo Won't post

"hal1707" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have built a brand new system with an Abit AV8 pro motherboard and an
Athlon 64 3000+ Venice skt 939 and it will not post.
I have tried everything including different ram and vga cards etc. also
clearing the cmos.
There are no other items connected and it still does the same. I get
the guru code 9.0 on the motherboard display which is where the bios
should take over and then it starts a two tone beeping sound like a
siren! I have no way of testing the cpu on another board.
Could it be the Bios? HELP!!
Abit AV8 Pro mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice cpu (Retail)
Mercury 400w psu

If you have another PSU to hand try that - the AV8 is very picky about
voltages, and had issues with some Antec PSU's because of this.