Old April 9th 04, 09:00 PM
Quaoar

Euclid wrote:
Sorry for the emulation of the subject line of the prior thread, but
it's appropriate.

My Compaq Presario S4020WM purchased last summer from WalMart came
with Windows XP Home and a myriad of unnecessary junk software &
processes/services. I've got rid of almost everything unnecessary,
but I'm still unsure about "Python22". Presumably it's a
straightforward uninstallation from Add or Remove Programs which
lists two related items:

Python 2.2 combined Win32 extensions
Python 2.2.1

Presumably both of those items should be installed to get rid of it,
but does it matter which is uninstalled first? Also, what exactly
will I be losing thereby? Am I losing any important functionality on
my computer? I've looked various places but can't find specific
advice about this. They just launch into some long & wordy,
technical, general discussions, and makes it too difficult to
understand.

Thanks.
-E

The only Python I know is interpreted programming language. I cannot
believe that a consumer computer with Windows would have this as an
install option. This reference implies that Python is being used for
system installation. If so, there might be reason to leave it.
http://wingide.com/pipermail/marketi...ry/004086.html
There is no removal order for anything in Add/Remove Programs.