Old October 27th 17, 11:14 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Mark Perkins

Default SSD health check utilities?

On Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:39:20 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I installed a 128GB mSATA SSD in a ThinkPad T430 to use for HD caching
and for hibernation. HDSentinel shows its health as 82%. SSDLife, on the
other hand, shows it as 100% healthy.

Which should I believe?

I have sort of the same situation. On this PC, I have a 512GB Samsung
850 Pro. HD Sentinel says 99%, SSDLife says 100%.

Here's the explanation from HD Sentinel (for my drive, not yours):
The health is determined by SSD specific S.M.A.R.T. attribute(s):
#177 Wear Leveling Count

I'm guessing HD Sentinel is more accurate, but it's possible that at
some point they will converge on their assessment and then it won't
matter.