Old February 4th 17, 10:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default [FoxNews]A small town's sudden power surge fried tech gear inhundreds of homes

On 4/02/2017 5:57 PM, wrote:
I recall working on geophysical crews years ago. We used to go to South America
and the power in some of those towns was rather "flexible".
We had surge supressors the size of a shoebox, not the mickey mouse things that
hang off a wall socket.

Surge suppressors? Never heard of it. But then I have NEVER trained nor
worked as power plant engineer.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3