Old May 26th 12, 12:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts[_3_]

Default PB 994 legend

Hello mc !

Simply connect the IDE cable to both drives, and make sure to make one
Master and one Slave.
( There are jumpers on the drives allowing you to select this. Chances are,
they are already set if they have been paired before. )
( Probably goes without saying that you match up the "red line" to pin one,
right ? :-) )

That's all you have to do. No other cable ( other than the power cables of
course ) are required.

Make sure you place the other end of the IDE cable on the PRIMARY connection
on the motherboard, assuming you do in fact have a primary and secondary.
Early IDE connections were a little tricky, and some were not ATAPI
compliant. ( making the connection of a CD-ROM drive real interesting on the
secondary
connection. :-) )

Have fun !

bobwatts
EartH

"mc" wrote in message

Ok I have my old pb cdt 994 legend in the garage and was going to try to run
the original hard drives. They are a paired set of drives that add up to 2
gigs,so they must be mounted together. What I cannot remember is if they
need a jumper cable to connect the drives together, or do they both connect
only to the ide cable?? Anyone remember this from 1995/1996...
thanks,
mc