Old May 22nd 11, 08:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default CUDA standard with Windows ?

Well to start with nvidia fails to explain what CUDA stands for in their
documents.

But I did see it during a presentation and it's also on wikipedia.

It stands for something like:

Compute Unified Device Architecture or something.

But that name is misleading.

CUDA is by now many things, it's an architecture that spans hardware and
software.

It's an
piece of hardware/device
It's a driver.
It's an instruction set also called ptx.
It's an API.
It's a high level language.

Ofcourse I am referring to the CUDA API/runtime libraries.

Like cudart.dll

Which seems to stand for: cuda runtime dynamic link library.

And I am wondering if it will be supplied standard with windows.

It's like opengl32.dll.

Perhaps also some drivers (which might be needed for cudart.dll) for
graphics cards.

Bye,
Skybuck.