Old December 28th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Augustus

Default Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

"Luca Villa" wrote in message
I work in Windows Vista and I want to build the fastest PC at any
price.
I never use it for gaming nor for 3D things...
What's the fastest graphic board on the market for this use?

Since one presumes that you won't be building a Vista Basic system, a
certain degree of 3D capability will be desirable for Aero. You don't need
the high end DX10 3D gaming cards for this, but you do need something with
3D ability. Avoid the 64bit interface cards and get something in the $75 to
$100 range from Nvidia or ATI vendors. I'd be looking at the X1300Pro 128bit
and GeForce 7300GT 128bit series as the lower end candidates. Cheap and
plenty fast enough for Aero.