Old November 27th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jason Russell

Default Windows COA Stickers - Trying to Find Old Supplier

Thanks. Perhaps I didn't explain very well. This particular retailer
was selling "reclaimed" or "recycled" COA stickers - as a licence for
use of the software.

In other words, they were, for example, as I understand it, buying
(probably bulk) COA stickers for Windows operating systems (perhaps
from PC's that were being junked, recycled without the O/S, being
upgraded with a new full licensed OS, etc.) which they would then
resell and you or I could then use as a legal license for that piece
of software.

Much like an OEM copy but with only a second-hand (but legitimate) COA
sticker (with product / CD key) and no manual or physical CD media.

Hope that clarifies, helps, explains, etc.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Think you mean IT Dealers - Apprently they were threatened by Micro$oft over
these sales, and have since stopped selling them.

However, try uk.adverts.computer - they often pop up for sale in that NG.

Jason Russell