Old September 4th 03, 12:09 AM
Nik Simpson

Paul Galjan wrote:
Softek, which is owned by
Fujitsu, purchased a license of Datacores SanSymphony code. The
Softek engineer said to me that they had to do a lot of work to
stablize Datacore's code. He then admitted to me that if he was in
my shoes that he would not use this type of virtualization
technology for my critical data due to performance reasons and
questionable stability.

Here I go grinding my axe again!!!

Doesn't Softek themselves sell a storage virtualization suite? Yes
they do. And it works quite nicely.

Not only that, its built from DataCore source ,and bug fixes that they may
have found in early days have long since found their way back into the main
source tree.

--
Nik Simpson