Old June 10th 18, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default PC with multiple organ failures

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 11:25:02 -0500, GlowingBlueMist
wrote:

With that kind of damage I'd be inclined to loose the power supply.
If it was a surge of some kind it most likely had to go through the
power supply, if not then I'd strongly suspect a defective power supply.

At least open it up and verify all the capacitors are not bulging. Also
test the power supply under a load. Some read good voltages with no
load or one of those little plug in LED testers but go bad when an
actual load is applied.

Loose power supplies are great for the spare or a project build on
spare parts: I got mine.

This one is, half off and shipped, less but may be still a little
loose...
EVGA 450 BT 100-BT-0450-K1 450W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE
Certified Non-Mod $24.99

Whereas according to Johnny Guru...
totalarkwar 7 points·2 months ago
Excelvan buys surplus or rejected parts from other manufacturers. I
would be very suspicious of the quality of this PSU...
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsal...ly_desktop_pc/

Yep, sounds about right for $12: totally loose, free and easy.

A privately branded PSU, Excelvan 750W, contracted out of New York
City from its California warehouses...
http://www.excelvan.com/about-us/

Storm Stores, can great minds think anymore less in sync?

Arriving Apr 10 - Apr 13
Track package
Excelvan ATX Computer Power Supply Desktop PC for Intel AMD PC SATA
US (750W)
Sold by: Storm Store
$29.99

Order Details