Old May 22nd 05, 03:30 AM
HH

Might try http://www.pcworld.com and http://www.pcmag.com

HH

"Von Fourche" wrote in message
k.net...

"HH" wrote in message
The main problem you had was the OS, not the hardware. WinMe was the
absolute worst Win 9X MS ever foisted on the public. I have a 1-year old
Presario SR1000Z, that's on 24/7 and I've not had crash 1 with it. The

only
time it is off is during thunderstorms. Yes, it has XP, which, despite
its
security issues, is rock stable. I'm on a cable modem. It is an AMD

Sempron
2800 with a 256MB ATI Radeon 9200 AGP card and 1GB of RAM.
HH

Are there any good sites that review home computers from the major
companies (Dell, Compaq, Gateway, Sony?)