Old May 22nd 05, 01:27 AM
Von Fourche

"HH" wrote in message
The main problem you had was the OS, not the hardware. WinMe was the
absolute worst Win 9X MS ever foisted on the public. I have a 1-year old
Presario SR1000Z, that's on 24/7 and I've not had crash 1 with it. The

only
time it is off is during thunderstorms. Yes, it has XP, which, despite its
security issues, is rock stable. I'm on a cable modem. It is an AMD

Sempron
2800 with a 256MB ATI Radeon 9200 AGP card and 1GB of RAM.
HH

Are there any good sites that review home computers from the major
companies (Dell, Compaq, Gateway, Sony?)