Old January 2nd 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SteveH

Default Audio/surround question

"Dave" wrote in message
reenews.net...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks. I was confused because I used to use 4 speakers with Turtle
Beach Santa Cruz sound card and there was sound coming out of all 4
speakers at all time.

Yes, the Turtle Beach software is nice that way, allowing you to use all
the speakers, even with 2-channel source

Unless for watching DVD, I guess there's no use of 5.1 channel audio
on PC then?

Pretty much. Surround sound on a computer is a waste of money, unless you
are also using the computer monitor as your primary household television
set.

I forgot to mention, a lot of games now use 5.1 sound of course.

SteveH