Old September 4th 18, 09:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Homebuilt computer has slowed noticably.... why? Update

On Tue, 04 Sep 2018 14:46:44 -0500, Charlie Hoffpauir
wrote:

Today, I removed my SSD C drive and installed a clone from the CD made
about a year ago, as a backup. This happened to be on a 1 TB WD black,
but that isn't important. The computer booted up afer reassigning the
boot drive, and the only issue I found was that Microsoft for some
reason wanted me to verify myself. Once that was done, windows ran
normally, no delays in either Photoshop or in my genealogy program. So
after a few minutes of checking everything, I shut down and
re-installed the Intel SSD. Booted it up and checked a few programs,
and so far, no delays, everything is snappy! The only thing that I
know of that was changed, is that I verified myself to Microsoft.
Could that somehow have been what was causing the slowdown?

I regularly, from dedicated storage, impose OS backups;- I've two SSDs
and do the streaming backups between them viz a boot arbitrator and a
third OS. It's not as much a forensic device as a preventative
measure employed on a regular basis over more or less a weekly or
monthly routine. No doubt with habit underlying a repetition factor
to serve to make the procedure easier and matter of course. I
couldn't even begin, or imagine, every adverse anomaly across a length
of time which has surfaced. Rather, I should say, that any hardware
upgrades have, so far, been a focus on anticipating and some
consequent adjustments for backup image compatibility. Doubtlessly
many issues have been overwritten and negated, as well a tendency to
jump the gun over, potentially, false assumptions. I'm sure it's
arguable, for home maintenance, a regular binary overwrite to an
accepted steady state condition is preferable to an entropy factor of
being incessantly connected to the WEB between;- of course and last to
mention industry interests, which might not like the concept, among
further provisions regardless being rolled out for a greater vision,
as one more or less a shared level of abstraction.