Old January 27th 16, 01:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Default All-in-one inkjet printer recommendations

? wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 17:50:37 -0600, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

? wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 13:59:21 -0600, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

Martin ©¿©¬ wrote:
Hello,
I am on the lookout for an all-in-one inkjet printer that will also
print on dvd/cds
I had been looking at the Canon PIXMA MX925, however while this
printer ticks all boxes the reviews suggest that it constantly goes
into cleaning cycle using/wasting ink.
Every inkjet printer (all makes) does that, the only question is whether
this
printer is any worse than the rest; while I don't know the answer to that I
would be surprised if it is any different to any other Canon inkjet.
Tony
Does anyone own this printer & can tell me what they think of it. or
can suggest an alternative printer to meet my needs
Thank you
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Epson is the only true Inkjet printer the others are Bubble jet ones and
the print heads burn out.

Plus Epson does the long life ink tanks.

Thanks Roger but that is not correct.
Epson uses piezo electric heads and the original bubble jet was Canon, the
original inkjet was Siemens (I think) but the name was adopted by HP. Epson
heads clog more than any other manufacturer because of the very high tech
heads
they use to produce high quality. The fact is that piezo heads last a long
time
but clog easily and are extremely difficult to fix - they need to be used
regularly.
I have never seen a Canon head burn out and I have never seen a Canon printer
where a clogged head could not be unclogged. Most manufacturers use heat to
deliver ink and they can burn out but nothing like as common as peple think,
the usual problem is clogging which requires ink to be forced through the
head
to clear it. Several manufacturers have large capacity tanks and tfor those
that don't external tanks are usually available.
Epson quality is high, the downside is the reliability of the piezo
technology.
In maybe 2500 (at least) printers I have worked on I have seen maybe 5 that
had
burned out heads - very rare indeed - clogging is the issue.

Tony

One Big advantage is that the Epson does not have to use Water Based
Inks.

There are other printer manufacturers that make pigment ink printers.
Tony