Old February 6th 19, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Anti-virus for XP?

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 11:44:54 -0600, wrote:

Screw those AVs, they're getting away with murder these days.

-
I once built a "tower of power" for a guy from Brazil or some other
S.A. country. An exceptional case, maybe 10 3.5/5.25" exposed drive
bays, except I'd grown tired of the bulkiness. Nice guy, I knew well
enough, so I cut every corner to get every aspect right for him, as he
subsequently was very impressed, for his first computer with
absolutely nothing priced above, at the least half or a quarter what
qualifies by a storefront, at an absolute minimum. (My stock: barely
new or used parts, by still . . .)

First thing, he then thinks, most righteously deserving this fine and
upstanding Tower of Power, as soon as my back is turned, is to head
over to CompUSA and buy Symantec Antivirus Suite and install the
suite.

He then called me for a necessary consolation: corrections, as I
advised the software product be removed, which I did after so little
time, in addition, to find it would first require a FDISK /MBR before
reconstituting the original intent and structure of a HDD I'd prepared
for him. (I'd likely, by then, knew to prepare by "Ghost" or imagery.)

All in all, probably a no less than a quarter more in initial cost,
than what he greased my palm with, for that momentary lapse into
impetuosity, I suppose. He's the only guy I've seen who could pick
up, from total flop in the strings, a guitar, to then tune it by ear.
Spot on. (Mandarin Chinese, according to research, are only taught
and supposed to hear like that.)