Old June 1st 16, 06:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default ATI Radeon HD 4870's fullscreen video output is only 1024x768 resolution?

Hi.

On my 23" HDTV 1920x1080 monitor with ATI Radeon 4870 HD's VGA and DVI
connections on my very old Windows XP Pro SP3 computer, I cannot make
the fullscreen video overlays from video players more than 1024x768
resolution. Desktops are OK at 1920x1080. I know I can drag my video
players to the HDTV and manually fullscreen, but that is a pain because
I want to control the videos on my 1920x1080 computer monitor. Going
between windowed and fullscreen is annoying.

Is there a way to force the video driver's theater mode overlay to the
correct resolution so I can get the fullscreen video's aspect ratios
correct?

Thank you in advance.
--
Quote of the Week: "Remember, ants are only waiting for you to die..." --unknown
| |o o| |