Old December 16th 03, 05:56 PM
Robert B. Clark

On 16 Dec 2003 09:06:16 -0800, (MikeW) wrote:

A month or two ago, I went to a computer show for the first time in a
while. I wasn't too impressed. The selection was only okay, the
prices weren't any lower, and in most cases higher, than name brand
websites (Newegg especially), and I would have had to pay sales tax.
Why bother?

I'd agree with you. Several years ago, I used to frequent computer shows.
You had to pay $10 a head to get in. Generally, I either wouldn't buy
anything at all, or I'd only buy a few small items like HDD mounting
brackets, cables, etc. The prices were a little better than Best Buy and
the like, but no comparison to quality online vendors.

Plus, that admission fee bugged the heck out of me.

--
Robert B. Clark (email ROT13'ed)
Visit ClarkWehyr Enterprises On-Line at