Old December 16th 03, 05:06 PM
MikeW

A month or two ago, I went to a computer show for the first time in a
while. I wasn't too impressed. The selection was only okay, the
prices weren't any lower, and in most cases higher, than name brand
websites (Newegg especially), and I would have had to pay sales tax.
Why bother?

And by the look of the show, alot of people seem to agree with me.
When I used to go to these things, they looked pretty prosperous.
This one looked like it was barely alive.

"William W. Plummer" wrote in message news:B12Db.539373$HS4.4103597@attbi_s01...
I was trying to buy an APC battery backup. The seller went routing around
in the box to find a "good" one but it didn't seem to work. When he turned
it over, there was a sticky saying, "Returned. Doesn't work.".

Probably a lot of what you can buy at these shows are just some company's
junk box, rather than outdated, but new stock.

Caveat emptor.