Old March 21st 18, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default Installing Windows 10 driver into Win Server 2012R2

Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Is it possibly? I meant by hacking all the INF files in that Win 10
driver folder.

The motherboard is Asrock J3455M. Wanna force-install the Win 10 driver
for Intel HD 500 into Win Server 2012R2.

Wouldn't you be modifying something in this package ?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=95594

Or perhaps the VGA driver from here ? This NUC uses a J3455M.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...C-Kit-NUC6CAYS

Those drivers might be WDDM 2.3. The Windows Server 2012R2 might
be WDDM 1.2 for Windows 8 or so.

*******

How to defeat driver signing. Bottom of this page.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...inserver8setup

The odds of this working are pretty slim.

It might be easier to stick a graphics card in the Asrock
motherboard, and use a Windows Server 2012R2 driver for it.
The Asrock slot wiring is all x1 PCIe.

*******

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/win...-solved/573/10

"Server Essentials Experience, and then the patch from Microsoft" ???

I don't see how that's going to help make a driver available.
It seems some people are running their Windows Server using
Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (which has no hardware acceleration).
And that sucks.

Really, this is the same as hardware support for Windows 2003.
Which also sucked.

Paul