Old April 12th 09, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Cicero

Default Where get tactile keytop sticker for keyboard

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:39:01 +0100, Trev wrote:

I have some custom functions assigned to some keys on my keyboard. I want
to mark those keys so I don't have to look down and confirm I'm pressing
the correct key.

I figured I'd stick some blobs with a different feeling on those keys but
that wasn't very successful. Then I figured I could to use a few braille
keytop stickers for those keys.

WOW! The price for those braille stickers is so high!!! I'm in the UK and
get hits like this one which costs about 20 pounds sterling (almost 30
dollars)!! That's just gouging.

http://www.adapt-it.org.uk/products/...p-stickers.asp

If I had to pay those crazy prices it would be cheaper to buy another
keyboard, take the key caps, bash some dents from the inside with a hammer
& nail, and put them on my keyboard. Only trouble is I need to mess about
matching the key caps.

It's got to be easier to get some cheap "bumpy stickers". Where can I get
these from in the UK without paying ridiculous prices.

Depending on how many you need you could use shirt buttons filed to
different shapes and attached with a cheap glue gun.

Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door