Old August 7th 07, 11:50 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Aloke Prasad[_2_]

Default Any NAS drive that has ethernet and USB connectivity?

Jesco Lincke wrote:
Aloke Prasad schrieb:
I am looking for a NAS (Network Attached Storage) to use with my home
LAN (using a Linksys router). Examples are the Maxtor Shared Storage,
WD MyBook World Edition and Linksys NAS200.

Being the paranoid type, I am wondering how I would access my data if
there is a hardware or software failure. Like what if I am having
network connectivity because of faulty router?

Is there a NAS solution that has both ethernet and USB connectivity?

Aloke

http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/d...p?pid=11&cat=0
http://www.freecom.com/ecproduct_det...sCatID=1146196

http://www.conceptronic.net/site/des...3LAN&subid=559

http://buffalotech.com/products/netw...e/linkstation/

Thanks!!

It appears that the Buffalotech products use the USB ports to expand the
storage (by attachung extra drives (much like the Maxtor and WD
products). I don't think the device will use the USB port to connect to
a PC as a drive.

But the other 3 (trekstor, freecom, conceptronic) seems to be doing what
I was asking for. I hope these are available in US. Strange that I
have not seen these mentioned in any reviews in the US.

Aloke