Old August 10th 03, 09:17 PM
default

I bought the Santa Cruz that came in the big shiny blue box with the wave on
the front. So far I have tested it with Win98, ME, NT4, 2K, and XP. The
VXD driver works but the installer seems buggy. The optimal driver right
now for Win98SE and ME is the 4193 wdm driver (SC_4193.exe) from:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/585ftp.asp

This driver installs well and works well even on Windows ME. The drivers on
the supplied cd's maybe quite old and troublesome. Probably this would be
the best driver to try.

Of since you bought an OEM edition, your support and warranty and everything
need to come from the OEM and Turtle Beach now has no obligation to you, not
even to provide a working driver. If the card was produced for a specific
OEM that specified the card to be built differently, then the retail drivers
may not work.

How much did the card cost, by the way? The retail card purchased direct
from Turtle Beach was only $79.

This is a great sound card so it is worth some effort to get it working.

"mike" wrote in message
om...
Hello goup,

I'm trying to install an oem santa cruz sound card, however during
install I get a small message box telling me that "file so and so"
cannot be found (there are at least a dozen files that can't be found)
on the top of the screen it says if you're asked about files that
cannot be found, browse program files/santacruz/drivers (a browse
button is in that little box that opens up in middle of the
instalation)) When I hit browse I don't find anything.
Ever encountered this when installing YOUR card? is this Santa
Cruzinstall wizard or is this WinME? Neddless to say the card does not
work.
When I do the test it says that my drivers are not working and when I
click on the "sound manager" it says unable to detect santa cruz!!
(It's really not called sound manager but I don't recall what it is
called and I have already uninstall the card!!)
Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you