Old December 3rd 07, 04:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul[_11_]

Default M2N32-SLI Deluxe: System Turns Off after 5 Seconds of Turning On

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:57:12 -0500, "Ollie" olivili at hot mail dot c
o m wrote:

Paul,

If you have a "spare" power supply, you could try it to exclude the Seasonic
S12 Energy Plus SS-550HT from the list of suspects.

Cheers, Ollie

Thanks Ollie. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Best regards,
Paul

"Paul" wrote in message
I removed the motherboard from the case to make sure
there are no short circuits. I subsequently removed
the heatsink and processor, then reinstalled both very
carefull. Unfortunately, no luck. :-(

I'm starting to think that I have a bad motherboard. It
was working fine for a couple of months. I must say though
that in the last week or two, I was experiencing more lockups
and freezes. (That's why I decided to upgrade the BIOS to the
latest version.) I wonder if there's a connection here?

Do processors ever go bad? Could it be the processor by
any chance?

Thank you,
Paul