Old December 22nd 03, 03:47 PM
BelaLvgosi

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Bradley" wrote in message
I want to upgrade my video card from a GeForce 3 Ti200 to a GeForce FX

5200
but f*cking nvidia uses different terminology on each description of

the
card so that I will have no way in hell of comparing them except for

the
differences in bandwidth. I know that the GeForce 3 Ti200 has a

maximum
bandwidth of 6.4GB/sec vs. the GeForce Fx 5200 at 10.4GB/sec. Now, I

am
thinking that the extra bandwidth difference alone is enough to

warrant
this
small upgrade considering the GeForce FX 5200 I am looking at is only
$89.99. Is my thinking correct? And last of all, what the hell is an
integrated TV tuner. If it's something I can hook up my cable tv up

too
and
record movies/shows to hard drive cool. If its just a fancy way of

saying
it
has TV-OUT, big f*cking deal. Thanks for all comments.

Get the FX 5600 non ultra or 5200 Ultra at least - fastest fx5200 ultra

3d
Mark 01 Athlon XP score 9422 @ 1721mhz 133fsb fastest fx5600NU score

Inno3D
FX5600NU @ 370/641 :: AXP2000+ @ 1862MHz 149fsb 10535 both should hit

around
9000 with 1800mhz CPU and bit of overclocking but don`t quote me.

FX 5200 Ultra £ 60 ex VAT & Del at http://www.dabs.com
FX 5600 Non Ultra £ 70 ex VAT & Del at http://www.dabs.com

For reference I get 12000 with a 2ghz XP CPU good tweaked motherboard &
memory settings and overclocked Ti4200 at 166fsb with 43.45 drivers. At

1667
around 10600 with same settings I think.

I think FX5600NU optimised might get somewhere around 11000 with 2ghz XP
don`t quote me.

Just be carefull of the FX5600XT which is slower then FX 5600 and FX5600
Ultra and it costs less too!

Well, errm, I have a known person in a 2.4 celeron+512ddr with fx5200 that
performs way slower than a ti200 on a 1333tb with sdram. Altough 3dmark
score was almost the same, you had to run games with less detail. I wouldn't
really change a ti200 to a 5200. As everyone says, try instead a gf4 ti, or
in the worst case a 5600.