Old October 20th 18, 06:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Panaflow

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 01:28:23 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

....I'm gunshy of a bunch of goofy Dell proprietary workings.

-
I've old spare aluminum heatsink material, thinking I haven't a
problem devising my own CPU cooler for that particular Dell MB (CPU
mounted on corner quadrant at angles perpendicular to board edges).
Extra heavy compound and a flat and not perpendicular MB placement.
I've seen where people have used select automotive gasket-sealer
material in CPU applications. A result, which I suspect, that could
be hot to very, provided all that mini-monkey-shine business for an
old Intel CPU that still has any inkling left to power up;- Prognosis:
not, particularly, looking so good. Also may have, need check a mess
of leftover but potentially compatible DDR3 modules suitable for these
newer Gigabyte AMD3+ MBs;- Prognosis: yeppers, worth the shot for
kitchen-sink and potluck assembly material.