Old April 14th 07, 10:17 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
aquazur-dra

Default Laptop vendors (Acer Aspire)

Try ebay ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-56...QQcmdZViewItem

"BitsAndBob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm about to buy a new laptop - probably an Acer Aspire 5685WLMi. This
is available for about £975 inc. P&P from the following online
vendors:

www.pc-development.co.uk
www.lamda-tek.com
www.technoshack.co.uk / www.tradecomputer.co.uk (both run by DB
Computers)
ww.it247.com (probably the best Ts and Cs)
www.laptopshop.co.uk
www.shopacer.co.uk (offer a pixel check - albeit at extra cost)
www.shopmagenta.com
www.dacomputers.com

Any of these that are particularly recommended or best avoided? I
haven't dealt with any of them before...

Most other vendors want an extra £100 or so for this laptop.
Apparently Comet was doing them for about £350 less! But I didn't find
out until too late. And I think it's still a decent spec. for sensible
money.

Other recommendations of vendors or laptops (or both) welcome. The
sort of laptop spec. I'm looking for is: Core2Duo 2GHz (T7200), 2GB
RAM, 160GB 5400RPM HD, 15.4" screen, PCMCIA, etc.

And if anyone got one those bargains at Comet and no longer wants it,
give me a shout! ;-)

Thanks,

Bob