Old April 13th 07, 12:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tecknomage

Default CAUTION - nVida GeForce 6600 GT & Forceware 9x.xx Drivers

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:42:19 -0400, "First of One"
wrote:

Er, nope. The link I gave is indeed the GART driver for all SiS chipsets. It
is likely newer than what MSI may have on its own website.

As far as I know SiS doesn't manufacture its own branded motherboards,
unlike Intel or VIA.

1) OPPS, you are correct. SiS makes chipsets.

2) I found out the MSI download page has a [AutoUpdate] tool, WEB
applet actually, that checks my system and lists the latest
downloadable updates.

Turns out you were correct, there was a SiS AGP chipset update listed.
Again THANKS.

Another driver update was for my built-in NIC.

"Tecknomage" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:13:48 -0400, "First of One"
wrote:

Have you tried the latest SiS AGP GART drivers? Often you have to
reinstall
the GART driver after a video card driver update:
http://driver.sis.com/agp/agp121.zip

Thanks, but I have a MSI motherboard with SiS chipset. It is not an
SiS manufactured motherboard. The site you gave is for drivers for
their motherboard. The SiS AGP driver on my system is from Microsoft,
but I'll check them for any updated version.

Thanks for the hint.

--
==== Tecknomage ====
All technology which is sufficiently advanced becomes