Old April 6th 04, 03:42 AM
Michael Arm

Stomp is good, it was bought from Veritas a couple of years ago, and
Veritas stuff has always been first rate.

Mike

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:52:16 -0400, "HillBillyBuddhist"
wrote:

"John Normile" wrote in message
I am running XP home and recently loaded the backup program from the
install disk. When I try to run a backup, the program gives an error
message when I select the "D" drive (CD-RW). It says: "The backup
file name could not be used. Please specify a valid location and
name for the backup file."

No combination of names / no name will allow use of the CD-RW drive.

Any ideas?

John Normile

Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

I personally use and like BackUP MyPC from stomp. Unlike Windows Backup
program it will backup directly to CD or DVD. Last I looked they had a
thirty day free trial.

www.stompinc.com