Old January 6th 05, 05:36 AM
Mike Richter

Tim wrote:

I have two burners: a Pioneer 107D DVD-RW (+&-) and a Yamaha CDW-F1E CD-RW.
Both are on the secondary IDE channel with the Pioneer the master and the
Yamaha the slave. Both are using the latest firmware.

I have encountered two issues however ...

1) If I burn a CD (using CD-RW media) with the Pioneer drive, the disk will
not be recognized by the Yamaha drive. However, the Pioneer will recognize
Yamaha-burned CD-RWs without a problem.

Might it be a media problem? I don't know the Yamaha, but I assume
you're using Ultra Speed media in the Pioneer. The same blanks in a
drive made for High Speed blanks may not be written well enough to read
easily.

2) I'm using an older version of Nero Burning ROM (version 6.3.1.6), If I
update it my system gets very sluggish after burning an CD image file with
the Yamaha.

Sorry - haven't even a guess on that one.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/