Old November 21st 10, 01:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected][_2_]

Default OT? Internet Security for my Dell 2400

Looks as if I may have to give up computing. I can only afford DIAL
UP, which is not conducive to the 'startup' downloading of 90MB's
of anti-virus definitions...as PC TOOLS requires

Apple is MUCH smarter. "Intego" security software for Apple, offers
the downloads, broken down into 5 different areas, so you're not
online for hours and hours,only to be knocked off line, for whatever
reason. If someone offered that for DIAL UP PC's? WOW!!!

Any suggestions? I asked PC Tools, but they said to have a friend on
broadband do it for me. What friend would load the behemoth PC Tools
on his PC , then download 90mbs of definitions , then transfer it
over to my PC, or burn it on a CD, then erase everything from his
computer; I haven't seen any friends like that in years! And I don't
have family.

Need suggestions, please?