Old August 3rd 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default Hot weather--storing computer

Thanks for all the responses.
We took our brief vacation and left our computer home. No withdrawal
symptoms either, although it was good to get back and boot up again.

Taking a week-long vacation at the end of this month and will leave computer
home again!

Mel

"Fathergoose" wrote in message

"MZB" wrote in message
We will be going on a brief 2-day trip.

I intended to take my Inspiron 2200.

However, one of the days we will be in an outdoor area. The temperature
will be 95 degrees F.

The computer will be in a case either in the trunk or backseat of my car.
Is this dangerous for the computer??

(If so, I can just leave the computer at home)

Mel

Well, I just was reading about the care and use of, Lithium ion batteries.

The excessive heat will shorten the life of the battery if that is the
type you have.
"Keep the lithium-ion battery cool. Avoid a hot car."
This would go for cell phones as well......anyway.....

Bill