Old December 13th 19, 11:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rene Lamontagne

Default Clocks with chips. Whatever will be next.

On 2019-12-13 10:48 a.m., Paul wrote:
Char Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 23:31:26 -0500, Paul wrote:

Flasherly wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 20:04:25 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

a dollar for the movement behind a piece of paper sold for $20.

-

A revelation of stunning magnitude.

At a pinnacle of Nazi Engineering, subsequently Volkswagen (TM) was
adapted to provide a Western American capital market with an
"Everyman's Car", comprising no owner mechanical expertise above and
beyond what one man could not perform, solely and individually, to
maintain and replace a Volkswagen vehicle part(s) accordingly within
workable order.

The first Volkswagen Beatles were sold in America for $600/US for
operating on a 6Vold electrical system from a 40-horsepower motor.

Now a clock movement, from China, occurs at under $1/US to subsidized
US mail services, and, as we're informed, a gasoline-fueled vehicle
costs an American $40,000/US.Â* It's fully a 360-degree magnitude of
import.
The best part of the Volkswagen, was the gasoline powered
car heater :-)

Until the heat exchanger rusts out and the cabin fills with exhaust
gas. I
had to drive with both front windows down so that the exhaust had a place
to go. That was annoying but tolerable during the summer, but it got
rough
during the winter when the temps were below -20F.

That's why I mentioned it. I remember driving to uni
with someone in the winter, in their bug, and nearly
being gassed, and we drove with the windows down
a bit to "reduce the rate of poisoning" :-)

I was kinda wondering at the time, whether that heater
idea ever worked right.

Â*Â* Paul

No, they never did and were a real danger in every way.

Rene