Old December 13th 19, 05:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default Clocks with chips. Whatever will be next.

On 2019-12-12 10:31 p.m., Paul wrote:
Flasherly wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 20:04:25 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

a dollar for the movement behind a piece of paper sold for $20.

-

A revelation of stunning magnitude.

At a pinnacle of Nazi Engineering, subsequently Volkswagen (TM) was
adapted to provide a Western American capital market with an
"Everyman's Car", comprising no owner mechanical expertise above and
beyond what one man could not perform, solely and individually, to
maintain and replace a Volkswagen vehicle part(s) accordingly within
workable order.

The first Volkswagen Beatles were sold in America for $600/US for
operating on a 6Vold electrical system from a 40-horsepower motor.

Now a clock movement, from China, occurs at under $1/US to subsidized
US mail services, and, as we're informed, a gasoline-fueled vehicle
costs an American $40,000/US. It's fully a 360-degree magnitude of
import.

The best part of the Volkswagen, was the gasoline powered
car heater :-)

Paul

Yes, it was installed under the hood NEXT to the gas tank, I was working
on one once and it started to Pop and backfire, Scared the crap out of
me before I could shut it down.
By the way for those who have never been under the hood of a VW beatle,
on their smallish gas tank sat about a 4 inch diameter filler cap! Like
you would find on a Kenworth Diesel tank. Yup, Brilliant.

Rene

For a short time, my brother was restoring a VW bug.

Pulled the heater and set it up on a stump in the back yard.
The plan was to test it. Of course it caught fire. No surprise
there. The only thing missing, is my brother didn't bring
a bag of marshmallows to cook on the heat.

The restoration project stopped, when my brother
stripped all the wire out of the thing (it needed
replacing), then couldn't figure out how it all
went again.

Paul