Old September 27th 17, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default old computer acting odd

On 09/27/2017 11:46 AM, Bill Cunningham wrote:
My computer has been booting fine and there's no picture sometimes. I
restart it, sometimes several times. I will get words on the screen as it's
booting that are "fuzzy". IMO I think the video chip is going. It's never
really acted that way til lately. It's 14 yo. I can expect something

Bill

Remove and re-seat the video cable as a starter.

Should that not do the trick...
if your machine has a video card, remove it and clean the contacts .

I usually clean contacts with a clean sheet of white paper.

If that does not work, replace or add a video card.