Old June 22nd 03, 08:31 PM
Steve Franklin

Default XP2600 + A7N8X + Impact of memory question

Hi there...

I'm relatively new to overclocking and have a couple of quick questions.

1. I will only ever use this PC for video editing - never ever gaming. I was
going to purchase some corsair ram 3200 twin x (2x256) but before i did I
wondered was it worth it? Are gamers only likely to see the performance
gains?

What computer functions require superfast memory to improve the performance?
The performance gains I am looking for will be in rendering video. And I
believe that's pretty much all processor. If I'm not gaming would this
expensive memory be worthwhile.

2. The FSB on the CPU is 333mhz. The A78nx can take go up to 400mhz and so
can the corsair memory. Does the mboard & memory ability to go to 400mhz
make the overclocking more likely to be stable?

Any help very much appreciated.