Old July 18th 07, 12:13 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
the wharf rat

Default vxfs volume on clariion: mount on 2 hosts?

Ok, customer has a Clariion without replication manager or
snapview. We need to back up a couple of terabytes. What I want
to do is mount the vxfs filesystems read-only on another Sun and backup
directly from that host via a couple of directly attached scsi LTO drives.

Can someone tell me why this will corrupt all our data, crash
every system in the machine room, and bring about the end of Western
Civilisation? Or might it actually work?