Old December 30th 10, 01:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default Legend 402CD is history

On 12/30/2010 1:35 AM, MotoFox wrote:
Well, I currently own three Bigfoots, all salvaged from IBM Aptivas
manufactured circa 1999, and haven't had one fail on me yet, although I
suspect one of them is about ready to give up the ghost judging by some
weird noises it's been making lately. I guess they must have come from a
decent batch or something.

Now, the "Fireball" drives Quantum introduced a few years later.....oi.
Both of them that I had failled miserably within their first year!

All of which explains why Quantum is no longer a drive manufacturer.
Maxtor bought them, a marriage of equals in product quality... Ben Myers